Monday 25 July 2011

Indonesia - Bali - Tulamben - The Liberty Wreck

USAT Liberty was a United States Army transport ship torpedoed by Japanese submarine I-166 in January 1942 and beached on the north east coast of Bali. She had been built as a design 1037 ship for the United States Shipping Board during World War I and had served in the United States Navy during that conflict as animal transport USS Liberty (ID-3461). In 1963 a volcanic eruption moved the ship off the beach, & Liberty's wreck is now a popular dive site of the North east coast of Bali...

So naturally i went to visit her... Thanks to my diving buddy Daniel H, who loaned me his underwater camera, i managed to take a few pictures of our own for the 1st time.


 Daniel H
Letting my loose on his camera whilst he practices his buoyancy



















Thank you for remembering to send me the shots....

No comments:

Post a Comment